Specialists in Dutch Notarial Law
De Notaris Vertalingen • DNV Translations (“DNV”) serves the Dutch notarial market. Our clients are highly specialised lawyers in the Netherlands known as civil-law or Latin notaries (notarissen). As members of the Royal Dutch Association of Civil-law Notaries (Koninklijke Notariële Beroepsorganisatie or “KNB”), they occupy an integral position in Dutch private law. As such, the deeds executed and the correspondence produced by these legal professionals need to be translated expertly.
DNV provides expert translation services to highly specialised lawyers in the Netherlands known as civil-law notaries (“notarissen”).
Our team is uniquely positioned to do just that. For over 15 years, DNV has been tasked with the translation of various notarial instruments ensuing from the three primary areas of Dutch notarial law: property law; law of persons & family law; and corporate law.
1. Property law (for real estate transactions)
- contracts of sale and purchase
- deeds of transfer of title
- mortgage deeds
2. Law of persons & family law
- wills (testaments)
- marriage contracts (prenuptial or postnuptial), partnership agreements and cohabitation contracts
- deeds of division
- certificates of inheritance (attestations of admissibility to an estate)
- various documents in the field of inheritance tax
- tax assessments
3. Corporate law
- articles of association/incorporation (for limited partnerships, private limited companies or public limited companies under Dutch law)
- deeds of formation (for associations or foundations under Dutch law)
- deeds of transfer of shares or the issue of depositary receipts therefor
- business successions
- corporate mergers, split-offs and transfers
- deeds of certification
The translation of such specialised legal texts demands a very specific skill set. To ensure it is done correctly, rely on the specialists at DNV.